Spring is upon us! I’m curious what you’ve been noticing in your body/mind/spirit during this transition. If you think about it, it’s a huge transition — the ground was covered in snow, the river was iced over, fires were in the hearths, heavier foods were on the menu, the world was a little slower and a little quieter. Then we went through an in-between period as the snow melted — lots of mud. I felt that way in my body a little bit, too. Did you? I felt the heaviness of early spring and felt very slow and sluggish for a couple weeks.
It’s normal to feel a little “off” during these major seasonal transitions (Winter into Spring and Summer into Fall). This time offers us an opportunity to cleanse, just like the earth is doing, by letting go of the heaviness we’ve accumulated over the long winter. It also offers us a chance to hone our intuitive knowing and sync up with the rhythms of nature. Aligning with the rhythms of the natural world around us is how we thrive! Our ancestors knew it! It’s time for us to remember, too.
Spring often conjures images of tiny shoots popping up out of the soil, buds on trees, sunshine, etc. but early spring also carries with it a heaviness, as we are still transitioning out of winter. Our health is well-served by making some changes in the way we eat and what we do with ourselves during this transition. Ayurveda (literally translated as “the science/ knowledge/ philosophy of LIFE” a.k.a. the sister science of yoga) offers us much time-tested (being that it’s about 5,000 years old!) wisdom for thriving in our body/mind/spirit!
Springtime Ayurvedic Wisdom for Your Whole Self
- Incorporate more bitter, pungent, and astringent flavors in your diet (lemon, arugula, dandelion greens, ginger)
- Add spice to your food (black pepper, chilies, and turmeric)
- Favor warm, light, and spicy foods
- Reduce naps
- Get outside and get moving
- Consider doing a Detox
- Eat a lighter breakfast than you do in winter
- Only eat when you’re hungry
- Avoid: cold foods, dairy, sweet, heavy fruits, wheat, sweeteners (except raw honey), salt, roasted nuts, fatty meats
I’m starting a detox this week and I’d like to invite you to join me. Don’t put the idea off immediately, thinking a detox is all about self-deprivation. It’s NOT! It’s simply a time to cleanse and reset so that you enter Spring/Summer with —
a BODY that feels lighter and more at ease,
a MIND that is calm and clear, and
a SPIRIT that is replenished and invigorated!
Doesn’t that sound AMAZING? If you think so, too, then follow along with me on my Facebook page! I’ll be sharing my experience and giving you tips to detox along with me. Let’s do this together! You can help hold me accountable and I’ll cheer you on in the process!
I’ll help YOU Design Your Own Detox…
- Week 1 is all about easing in, noticing your tendencies, and setting yourself up for success.
- Week 2 is the deepest part of the detox. You will decide what you want out of it and what you want to put into it, so even this deepest part doesn’t have to be hard! It’s all up to you!
- Week 3 is about slowly coming out of the detox and moving back into normal life (which you may have a different definition for!!)
Aren’t you curious to see HOW AMAZING YOU COULD FEEL in 3 weeks?
I AM! That’s why I’m doing it. Remember, there’s no pressure here. This is all about you, for you, and I will support you as I am going through the process with you!
READY? JOIN ME! CLICK HERE